Friday 30 August 2019

Caged chickens

  We have been writing about cage chickens. We have been debating if they should be caged or free.
I enjoyed writing it.
I found it hard to find facts about it.
Next time I would write more facts about it.



  Caged chickens should be banned
I believe that caged chickens should be banned because they can't be a normal chicken.

They are too squished in the cages. The cage is the same as an A4 piece of paper.

In New Zealand 82% of chickens are caged up and 18% are not caged.
45000 chickens are in a sheds.

Plus they can not move around. They cant perch,fly and build nests. The chickens that are cage get rickets which means they don't get vitamin D and they get weak bones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.